6.22.2004

William Hung a movie star?!



According to Eastern Daily Special News it appears so. He is along with Nancy Sit who is a famous actress appearing in the hit series Virtues of Harmony. The two will be working on the movie and it is suppose to be a comedy. William's father likes to watch Nancy's TVB series. They will also duet together on a song. I have nothing else to say other than I hope this does not kill Nancy's career.

The translation of the original article.
ORIENTAL DAILY NEWS - Overnight success William Hung was being eyed by movie studios in Hong Kong, Southeast Asia and Hollywood who love his comical side. Fai Wong Entertainment finally landed a deal with William, who will play opposite Nancy Sit Ka-Yin in a comedy film titled "My Crazy Mother!" to begin production this August. Did the movie studio pay top dollar to grab William? The boss Yeung Pan Pan responds, "Our investment is expected to be more than HK $10 million. I won't talk about the salary, it's just scary. But William Hung is very special. He's hot in the US and plus this time we have Nancy and William working together. The feeling will be very fresh. The audience is forever changing tastes. Nancy's image will be different from her roles on TV. For instance, we will make her bald and we're very confident they will create some sparks." There are a lot of action scenes expected in the movie. Apparently William knows Tae Kwan Do, which may be used heavily in the film. The pair will also duet together for the film's theme song which will release at the same time as the movie. The studio hired a famous American songwriter to compose the theme song. So what does Nancy have to say about all this? "I know working with him will be very exciting. My impression is that he is a very honest young man. Plus I feel with his adorable image in the comedy film, the audience will love to see it." Is the singer-actress afraid William might steal the show? "It doesn't matter. We have a chance to work together. I think I can lead him to be engaged in the movie. I can use him to break into the international market too." Apparently, the success of grabbing William has to do with Nancy's rapport with his dad. "That I don't know, but I do know his father. His father also loves to watch my TVB series." Read (Chinese)

Translation courtesy of HKVP.
TVB series information here. Note not all shows have an English summary.