11.23.2007

Black Friday...

It's once again that time of the year where people don't go to bed the night before and wait in line for a great deal. It's also the time of the year when some people choose to wait in line and pass on the Thanksgiving dinner.

I have done it for a few years now, but it seems like there's no reason to now, but then again sometimes you find the unexpected. I woke up this morning at 5.00 a.m. and thought did I even sleep last night? I must not have since I went to bed about 1.00 a.m.

I finally made my way out of the house at about 5.30 a.m. at which I was shocked to see a full moon setting and yellow. I can't remember the last time I saw the moon so big and so close to me.

I headed in the car on the way to Target for the first hit of many for today. I went there and saw that people could line up inside the mall. I thought great. I was cold and even though I heard how cold it was I sort of ignored it and thought fleece was my best friend. Oh how wrong I was.

If anyone has been to the Serramonte Target there are 3 entrances. One is inside the mall and outside there is 2 I believe. There were no signs as to which was the line to get into and so everyone waited at the different locations. I waited inside the mall and then went back to the line that was near the mall entrance. Then as the line got closer to the door because the store had opened at 6.00 a.m. those that were in the same line as me thought it was unfair. I just stood there while others pushed their way inside. There was one short guy trying to control the crowd. That did not work.

Everyone was after a TV and the TV monitor. I was on a mission to find Family Guy and had luck. I also went and got some Curious George items in the dollar sections. I also found some cute Christmas bags. I bought those and then left.

I then went to Mervyn's for some reason and thought about fleece blankets and picked one up and then went pass, since I have at least two that I know of that I bought in the past. Then I went and saw the foam pillows for sale. I thought great I'll pick up a couple and hopefully it'll be for someone or I could replace the one that I have.

They weren't bad for their price and I thought great. Then I saw the item that would make it difficult for me to leave. It was the bucket that's usually for beer and then the pint glasses along with coasters. I thought prefect. I could just get one and have it for either a gift or just for myself. Then I thought I need forks. So I went and looked for forks and found them. It was half price and so the price was $9.99 for 10 forks. I have no idea what happen to all the forks at my house, but they keep disappearing.

I had that and then while waiting to get into line I saw monkey sheets. Yes, monkey sheets and thought OK I'll get it later. So I'm in line for about 50+ minutes until I'm near enough the sheets to find out they're half price and they had matching pillowcases and I had to get it.

Then when I went to pay I saw the final total at Mervyn's and it shocked me. It was $101.00+/- change. The receipt said I saved $121.00 which is almost half since everything was 50% off.

Then I had to go back to the car to drop everything off. That totally took a toll on my arms. I left Mervyn's near Macy's and I had parked near Target. That totally sucked. I had to find a shopping cart for all that stuff. Luckily there was and so I put everything in and then carted everything to the car.

Next I went back into Target (I think my second or 3rd time) and then thought OK time to get the gifts for Kris Kringle. I had problems finding Bath and Body Works since I knew what I wanted to get since I saw the items online. I got it and then got into line. I didn't know there was one line and so I pretty much cut in line. That ruled and then I went back into Mervyn's to find socks because that was something that I had to get. I saw the prices and thought it wasn't anything special and passed.

I left and then went to Jamba Juice for some food. OK it wasn't food, but it worked. I put the items into the car and then I think I left or went back into Target and then look for items. I decide there was nothing and left to head over to Office Depot. I don't think that was anything that impressed me, but by that time it was already 8 something in the morning. I went into Office Depot and got a chair, which I have already put together with some difficulty and it was comfy to sit down since I was on my feet for an hour at Mervyn's to purchase stuff.

Office Depot sucked because they had no cart and I was parked sort of close so I had to carry the chair back to the car. I had to make space for it. It was hard. Then after I left to go to the Korean market to get ramen.

After that I left and headed to the post office to mail an item. I went in and got that done and left. Then I went to Lucky's to buy some lunch or lazy man food as I call it since it requires minimal cooking.

I got that and left. It took me a couple of trips to haul everything into the house. I couldn't believe it. My hands are suffering and I could tell since they couldn't bend right.

I hope it's only for a short amount of time.

So now it's the afternoon and I've been up since 5.00 a.m. and that's almost 12 hours. That's totally crazy.

Total damage done to credit card today: $306.00 roughly.

That's a whole lot of money on a few items. I forgot some other place so the amount should be about $327.00 really. That should be correct if I got all the stores I went into today.

Horoscope: Your good energy makes it all the more important for you to deal with the basics of your current work or hobby situation. You can put yourself on much firmer ground, simply by making small changes.