8.31.2008

Why is there the pressure from parent to get married??

I went to my grandpa's birthday yesterday and my mom was talking with my step grandmother's sister (not sure the correct term is) and her daughter. Why is it such a fascination with others to ask why isn't your daughter dating?

Last time I checked it was the person who is single that was the one finding a boyfriend and then getting married. Anyway back to my story, the daughter was saying you can't force someone to find someone to get married to. Honestly, I totally agree. It's like why can a guy be a bachelor and why can't a girl be a bachelorette? Her mother was saying all she does is go out and have fun. My mom was saying well at least she meets other people. Then my mother goes, all she does it go to baseball games with old people. Um, excuse me. There aren't "OLD" people there.

There are many people there. Hell I could have gone to a singles night event which is a giant hook up party with alcohol, but I choose not to because the guys there are only after some loving and not a real person.

I think sometimes you meet the person in the strangest places and under the strangest circumstances. I bet my mom doesn't know how her coworker who's getting married next month met. It was through Craigslist. People can meet people and if they get along it's great. If they don't get along then that's another story.

If anything my mother should just give up on me finding someone to be with. Honestly, I haven't done everything I wanted to do yet. Why would I want to be married and have a family if I haven't done everything I wanted when I was single? I mean there are places I want to see either with friends or just alone so that maybe I can hope that the one special person is out there for me. It's not like my mother hooks me up with people. She doesn't go, oh so and so's son is single. Goodness, if you want me to meet someone either do it the old fashion way of a blind date or by introduction.

Just because you got married young and had kids, doesn't mean I will do the same. The times are different and you fail to recognize that. I do want to get married and have children someday, but not right now. I like going on vacations to other places I haven't been before. Because once you have children, you'll have to wait until they're old enough to take care of themselves before you can go. Who knows what you'll be like later on in life. I'd rather do the carpe diem (seize the day) now.

When and if I meet the perfect guy and if I think he's totally the one for me, I'm sure you'll be so happy that you won't even care what he looks like or anything. God, my family is not normal at all, and I don't think others are either.

Horoscope: Today should bring quite a few accomplishments your way and set you up for even greater success in the future! It's a great time for you to slow down and take everything as it comes. You've gotten a lot achieved recently, but don't get too hung on being productive.