11.12.2006

I learned something today...

OK it really took me about a week to figure out this one, but better late than never right? Well I reported that I went to the Rolling Stones concert on Monday because I had tickets from work. Yes, never in my wildest dreams I believe I?d go to a Rolling Stones concert.

I was sitting in section 239 and for a couple of songs I was able to sort of see Mick Jagger dancing like Curious George. Granted I don?t have perfect vision, but I knew it was him.

The opener was Van Morrison. The only song of theirs that I knew was Brown Eye Girl only because of some obscure memory I remember hearing after Lacy Peterson?s mother said that was her favorite song.

OK now that you all have an idea of who I?m talking about or the group I?ll get to the point of this entry. Van Morrison sang Crazy Love. For some of you who watched 90210 would know that song because Brian McKnight covered it and they showed him singing it at the end of a couple of the episodes. I thought I know that song. I didn?t know that Brian covered that song.

The other song that I knew well was Wild Nights because John Mellencamp covered that song back in the 90s as well. If you don?t know who he is well let me tell you. He?s the guy that sings the song This is Our Country in the Chevrolet car commercials and was on every other time (or it seemed like it) during the World Series.

Now you know a couple of the songs of the 90s was originally done by someone older.

Horoscope: Someone else's business problems are not yours, although you may be affected. When you have to take charge at the last minute, you discover that improvisation sharpens your skills. You may actually enjoy taking center stage, especially when you realize you're pretty good at being there.
Reading:
Watching:
Listening to: Nobody Knows - Tony Rich
Thinking about:
Mood:
Your $0.02