9.18.2005

705!

I would have to say the best thing about Sunday had to be the company I was with. It was a beautiful day. The temperature was just perfect. I don't think I would have changed anything. I was able to use the chant that I came up with for Jeff Kent. The chant was, "WASH YOUR TRUCK!" I know he heard it too. I had someone confirm for me that I was heard on the TV and I did hear myself on the radio as well. When your voice can travel that much and that fast it just has to be scary. I never knew that my voice could be that "lethal."

The extra special treat was that I could spend it with friends who are just as passionate about baseball like myself. I know that sounds really corny, but that's the honest truth. When you have friends that are willing to make fools of themselves then it's like we're one big happy family.

The highlight was being able to heckle Jeff Kent twice. He was at the plate and someone was trying to steal and he never struck out or even hit the ball to create an out. I wish I knew what was running through his head at the time. It's probably something like, "Who is this girl that keeps heckling me? How old is she?"

I also did heckle at Jason Phillips too. He complained about his "paycheck" and therefore, when he was up at the plate I gave it to him. I chanted, "PAYCHECK!" I think I even said, "Did you use your paycheck to buy the nice new helmet?" I know I am one cruel girl who's only five (5) feet tall, but I have a set of lungs. I haven't lost my voice once at a game, but hey anything is possible.

I was also able to see Barry Bonds hit number 705. That's something special. I was there when he hit 703 and 704. He is a special guy with much talent. Even if he wasn't with the whole team this year, and only just came back it's good that he did. HE has brought a whole new life to the team. I know that sounds a bit strange, but that's just my take on it. Baseball is a sport where you don't know the outcome right away. Anything can change with the hit or with some sort of mistake in the pitching.

After the game I was able to send time with friends relaxing because we had something to celebrate. We wish that the Nationals could have taken the win over the Padres, but that wasn't the case. I know this sounds a bit juvenile, but man I wish we did have a sweep. This series was similar to the last one because we almost took it as well. The umpiring crew wasn't that great. At least it was the opener that they won and not any of the other games.

The pins they gave out say, "I WAS THERE." It's kind of neat to think about it. You'll never lose it, but with number 700 all they did was just put a sticker on your ticket. If you lose the ticket then that was it. I really wanted one of those, but I have it on tape I think.

I know I scare everyone, but I'm really harmless. I am all talk, but if you get me mad enough I might just BITE!

Giants: 5
Dodgers: 3
This month:
Horoscope:
Reading:
Watching:
Listening to:
Thinking about:
Mood:
Your $0.02