2.10.2010

She's just not that into you...

This is my usual pattern on my way home. I get on BART. I enter about mid way, which is about car five or six depending on the length. I enter the car and I walk either backwards or forward depending on if I’m going to the new mall or straight home. While walking though each car I look at all the seats. I’m looking for either the Chronicle or the Mercury (or equivalent). The sections I usually read are the sports and entertainment (datebook or time out). I happen to find the whole paper and was going to take a little bit of time to read the usual sections and then browse the rest of the paper.

As I start reading a guy comes up to me and starts talking to me. He got on at Concord or North Concord. He makes small talk about how people leave their paper on the train. Yes, people leave it on the train I reply. He then asks if he could have the paper. I haven’t even read the whole thing yet, so I say OK. He asks me what I usually read. I tell him what I read. By this time I’m done reading the entertainment section and I ask him for the sports section. He asks me what kind of sports is reported. Again I reply with all kinds that are local teams. He asks me what I’m reading and I tell him I’m looking to find any baseball news.

After I’m done reading I hand the section back to him. So this point he has the whole paper. I take out my note pad and write something down for work. I put that away and then I take out my ipod. I get comfortable with my seating and try to rest. I’m tired when I get off work and usually like to nap on the ride home.

I’m resting my eyes and the guy who was talking to me starts to crack his knuckles. First I think that’s gross and second he’s making noise. After he’s done cracking his knuckles he starts to snap his fingers or whatever making noise. At this point I’m getting pissed because he’s disturbing my nap time.

Nap and tired plus a guy making noise equals I’m going to be a grumpy person. He finally gets off at Orinda. I wasn’t facing him with my body language and by putting on my ipod it pretty much means shut up and leave me alone. I guess he didn’t understand that. If he was trying to flirt with me he wasn’t getting any response.
I don’t mind if you ask me when you get on for the paper when I’m done, but to ask me while I just have it sitting there is just rude. You didn’t even ask if I was done with it. Being nice I’ll just give it to you and keep the section that I want. Dude. I’m JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. You’re pissing me off and I’m tired. I don’t want to be bothered on the fucking train.

I’m glad your ass got off the train and that your stupid finger snapping left with you. If I ever come across you again I’m going to cuss you out.
This is why you don’t bother a Chinese girl sleeping on the train.

Horoscope: Today, take a break from the breakneck pace you've been going at. You need a rest!