1.30.2003

Awaken by the cold.

Today is the one four-day weekend I will have until a while. Today I am heading off to campus to check e-mail and to hopefully have replies from those that I know around these parts. I am waiting to hear from my friend in London and from Kettering. It is so hard to keep in touch with them since they have work and or just have nothing to so most of the time and so they seem to lounge around all day long similar to a college student but minus the classes. It is quite cold today. The cold woke me up and I just wished that the heater would turn on. That is how cold it was. Glad I am indoors and not outside. I find that here the parents no matter what age go out a couple times a week just to get away from their children. The mum goes out to workout I am assuming this because she had on workout clothes when she left the house. The dad went out with friends to watch football. He was dressed casual and I noticed there was a game last night, but I am not sure if it was his team or not. The children here are more rebellious that over in the states. Maybe sometimes, they talk back but mostly they respect them, no matter what the choice is.

Maybe I will have something more interesting to say once I have headed off to school to check e-mail. I am glad I did not head on out last night. If I did, I bet I would not be up at about seven something in the morning. I am guessing I need to plan my own trips to places and I have never done that before, but it will be a good learning experience. It was cold! Brrrr. I could not stand to being outside. For sure, we are heading off to Bristol tomorrow. I just wish I had done some research on places in England in general.