1.29.2003

Second day of classes...

I think I have finally gotten used to the time difference. So far, I have been heading off to bed a little later each night. I hope I stop at some point otherwise; I will be in that horrible pattern I was in before I left. Going to bed at about 4 a.m. and not getting up until the afternoon or early evening. Today is the second day of classes and I hope that it is short. But I know it will be the whole time because yesterday the class that was before me ended a couple of minutes later than it was supposed to. It is early in the morning or as I like to call it the time I should still be in bed. I was hoping that there would be snow today since someone mentioned that there would be and I also looked on the weather forecast page as well and it said snow. If it would snow, it would make it perfect. I cannot wait for that! I know it is not going to be as much as the east coast or Lake Tahoe, but at least it is snow!

I was planning on heading off to the campus early so that I could use the computers over there to do some e-mailing since I do not have access at my host family’s home. I mean I do, but it is dial up and I cannot be tying up the phone line. I was surprised yesterday when I was using the computers in the computer lab that the connection was so slow. It seemed slower than the school’s (San Jose State) and it took ages for stuff to load up. And using a Mac I forgot that the commands to cut and paste were different because of the command or apple key. That brought me back to why I do not like Macs and because they only have a one-button mouse. There is no scrolling button either which is annoying. I think PC users are just spoiled. I will have more on how my adventures of heading off to school and how I was almost blown away by the strong gale winds and how PCs should be the computer of choice.

Since I have been here, I have seen the sun twice, well maybe three times, the first day that I arrived, yesterday, and today. I just wonder how much longer the sun will stay and how far away the clouds of rain are. It is been windy as well because I think a storm is supposed to approach the island. I had my second class of the semester and was I glad it ended early. I was surprised that the sun was out so long today. I doubt that it would snow tomorrow, but who knows? I opted to stay in tonight to watch some TV and be normal, or myself. I think that the lot of people that I came here without knowing is good, because now I am able to have a couple more friends based on what we have all experienced together in some form. Some I have gotten to know some better than others because I suppose I just click with them better. I have noticed that my right foot is hurting and I am wondering if it is from all of the walking, I have been doing. I have yet to take the bus to school and even to town. It is getting late and I better rest up so that tomorrow morning when I get up I can call my mom to tell her I have got a phone card and that I am going to try and call when I can.