1.31.2003

My first time on a bus...

Well I got on a bus for the first time today. It was not too bad since I was running late to meet up with everyone. I ended up at the bus station before they did because I knew if I had to walk all the way to Mc Donald's then I would have been late. We ended up taking the bus to Bristol and only saw Bristol Cathedral and Millennium Square.

One of the others said that all the churches are all different. I guess since I am not a church type of person that I do not understand it all. The only thing about the church or most churches is that it was old. It was from the 1600s I think. And there were people buried inside the church. The tombstone had how old they were and when they were alive. Something else that happened at the church was me having to use the toilet. I followed the signs, but when it came to the door that actually goes out to it, I could not open it! I tried, and I had two other people trying. It was not going to open. A few other people must have known how to open the doors because they opened it with such ease. I am still wondering how they opened that door. The door looked as if it was from a castle being made out of wood and had iron round handles and bolts.

At the Millennium Square, they had something that looked like a giant disco mirror ball. However it had stairs going up to it and so it was spaceship looking. There were also bronze statues of famous people. There was one of Cary Grant. I thought he was from the movie It is a Wonderful Life, but I was mistaken. The other two I had no idea who they were because I did not take the time to find out. I am sure one of the others I was with knows who they were. It was funny that I pulled the wrong cord in the bathroom and set off an alarm. Hey, how was I supposed to know? I knew that the toilets were modern here, but somehow I think I was thinking I was in Hong Kong. Go figure that one out. Then we walked all the way to the Maritime Museum, but it was closed and we just ended up riding the ferry back to the city center and headed home. I cannot believe we headed all the way over there just to see a church. The sun was out today and that was nice.