1.28.2003

My first day of school...

Today was the first day of class. I walked to school and was early. I could not believe how long it took me. I suppose that if you are with others it does not seem as long that or it was because I had a backpack and that made it harder to walk up and down hills. When I reached the campus I thought I knew where the classroom was, but I went to the wrong door and then finally figured out which one was the right one. Once I entered the classroom, I found out that I had brought the wrong book to class. I thought I was odd that it was not professor Holmann who would be teaching and it was professor Jurmain. I must have thought that Monday was Sunday and that today was Monday. While coming back from the college I noticed the nice view of everything that I had seen closer and other parts that were far away from as well. It was just nice to see everything from a different perspective. As I was walking back, I could not believe that I am actually in England. Where the Queen is Elizabeth II and Prince Charles owns part of the school grounds for the other part the college. That it really is cold here and “jumpers� (sweaters) necessary. Gloves are also a must, but I did not bother to bring any because I knew that would be another thing to pack; although it is small I did not want to sincejackets have pockets.