2.02.2005

Running back and forth...

The first thing that happens when I walk into the office is me running around the office like a chicken with its head cut off. That's really what happened. All the checks that were put away I meant to get them out and then do then when I got there, but no I had to walk them back to the desk that had the stuff to do the deposit. Then I realized that some we don't have deposit slips and so we can't deposit them. Then a few didn't have a copy of the check so I had to run to get that done.

After getting that done I was told to file. So I'm slamming cabinets left and right. Then I get the folders done because the boss said they had to be filed and that should be the first thing I do every morning. Well I did that for most mornings, but this morning I had to rush the deposit to get it done before the courier's came. Then after I was calling people to find out about deposit slips and stamps and faxing people and typing. My "breaks" were making phone calls, but even then I was doing something else at the same time. I mean I was running myself into the ground. Then after lunch I said to Sharon that I'm going to work over time even if she isn't.

After everyone leaves the office and or there's one a couple of people left I finally do some filing. I worked for about half an hour by myself in the office, but at least I got a lot done. I mean I thought I made some progress with about half an inch of papers, but then when everything went back into the box it was still that tall. I wonder when it will be empty again.

The boss said he'd ask the office manager to get some help for me, because I can't do two things at once. During maybe the first half hour or however long it takes me to put away folders that's it and then the paper pile up and the folders. If I spend time after work each day at least an hour maybe I'll have everything done. The ones where people had a rent increase. Some I just can't find still.

I'm going to take a day off next week. I can't work like this. Friday I might work over time just to catch up a little more, but not as long. It's not the money it just that my sanity won't last any longer.

Horoscope: This setback is far less serious than you think. Move beyond it.
Reading:
Watching:
Listening to:
Thinking about:
Mood:
Your $0.02