8.15.2003

Slave labour and no milk tea =(

Hmm, What can I say? I thought I would update this thing more often as if I said I would. Instead, I forgot yesterday. A lot happened yesterday. It is not very exciting, but I will give it a shot at recalling all the events. First, I woke up at 10 a.m. from a nice buzzing nose from my alarm. I finally disarmed it and got out of bed at about 10.19 a.m. I was surprised to see that the vacuum cleaner collector for dirt etc. was cleaned out.

Next I hurried to get changed for my appointment for my new contacts. Yes I wear contacts, and I you didn’t know then you should have when you saw the pictures on my site. Well I ended up making there just in time with a little wait so I did not feel that bad. They felt funny but I got use to them. I did not have them on long because she wanted me to have them on for about an hour or two and what I was going to do next I could not have them on that long.

After the visit, I left and headed towards CompUSA. I was searching for the charger with rechargeable batteries and some TDK cds. No such luck because they were out. I could not find any anywhere. I could not be bothered to ask someone for help because I had to head off to my next location, OfficeMax. I was ready to buy my first digital camera. I wait in line only to find out they are all out. To top that off I could not find the cd cases that were on sale. They must have run out. Here is a tip for those of you that see it on sale, buy it on the first day or be stuck with nothing towards the end of the week.

After being disappointed in not having anything to show for my efforts, I decided that I would head to my mom’s work. I end up ‘volunteering’ or as I like to call it ‘slave labor’ because I do not look my age and I have been told that I do not. Therefore, I help. My mom’s supervisor said how I could be bored at the age of 22. I said if you are at home and finished organizing everything that there is then you run out of stuff to do, unless you just want to improve your room. I should do that. I keep putting it off. Ok back to why I was there. I was hoping that I would just hang around for a while, get a ride back home because I am lazy, and do not really like taking the bus. I end up working and helping them out some. Hey, at least I helped and did my share of volunteer work for the week, month, or even year. Well that is what I did during the daytime.

I come home trying to fix the remote for the car alarm so that it can activate and deactivate the alarm. I fail at it only because I cannot understand the instructions. Then later that night I put on my contacts like I was ordered to and taking them off became a challenge. I got the right one off without any problems, but the left one I could not get it off! To top that off it was stuck under my eye lid. That was the scary part. Eventually I got it off and I had to find my right one because it flew somewhere. I found it on the floor in the bathroom. Therefore, that was that. I could see for the most part when they were on. Maybe they will get better, but the oddest thing was as I was taking them off I could see well than when I had them on. They did make it appear as I was going to cry.

Finally, what I did last night was look on CL (Craig’s List) to see if there was anyone interesting to talk to. I actually found someone. We e-mailed back and forth until he had to go. In between doing that, I was watching anime. We ended at about 3 a.m. nice. I finished my anime and then went to bed because I had a slitting headache. So that is what happened on Thursday.

Tonight I watched the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and it was hilarious! I could not stop laughing! When the Fabulous Five made over Jay, I was laughing so hard. The set is fabulous! Jay was wearing a pin stripe suit with a black turtle neck. Jackie Chan was the guest for the night and he said he was lucky to get away from everything that happened. He was in Turkey and after he left there was an earthquake. After he left Hong Kong SARS broke out. He just left the East Coast and then there was the power outage. Jay asked him if was going to stay around for a while and he said yes. I hope so too because I do not want something bad to happen here.