4.10.2003

Wales...

Today we head off to Wales. I got up early and went to Safeway. I bought more than I should have. I could barely fit it into my backpack. I walked from my house to Safeway, then from there to school. That was one long walk. My backpack felt so heavy, but in the end, I was relieved to know I did not have to carry it with me the whole time. I also had my jacket with me. That was a pain to carry as well. So I had to have one over stuffed backpack and then one huge jacket that was really too big for me. The hill that I had to walk up has an 11% incline. The one I have walked up that there is still mini hills to walk up and down. I should have just bought everything after the trip or the next day.

Wales was boring. The Museum of Welsh Life was okay. It was not what I thought it would be. There is only old buildings or sometimes it is a reproduction because the original does not last that long. Then we headed to the city center. There was not anything special about it. It was almost as if we were in our own city center with the exception that the streets were wider and no cars went by. Overall, there have been field trips that were better than this. This was not one of my favorite ones.