2.16.2003

Back to Bath...

Today had to get up early. I was not pleased. It is so nice and warm in bed. I just did not want to get out of bed! It was sad to leave, but at least I was able meet Adam. I made sure that I got off at the right stop and then headed to find out where I was supposed to be. I did not want something like Friday to happen again. I talked to one person on the bus while heading off to Heathrow. He was from Northampton. He is just 16 and heading off to Brussels. It is amazing whom you can meet. He complained about his name being Lance and that it is an odd name. I do not think it is that odd. I knew someone in elementary school named Lance. We talked about politics and how Mr. Bush is stupid and what I thought of him. We agree that we do not need a war now. He was quite interesting. The funniest thing he said was that he and his mates watch Buffy and they think that they talk like an American. But when he spoke with me he noticed that he had a big British accent.

I slept on the bus. However, I got up just before the first stop. That was good. I did not know there was something called Box in Bath. Things that you learn while you are awake and reading signs. I got back to the bus station and could not be bothered to wait for the bus. I walked home instead. The funny thing is that I did not know which way to go but I still ended up going back. I think I am starting to become more aware of streets or something. I am becoming a local. Is that a good thing or not? I only beat the bus slightly by walking back. I only realized I was on the wrong street when I saw the bus. I must have been on something to not even know I walked up the wrong street. Side effects I suppose.

My over all impression of Adam is that he is silly. He is an adult, but he still acts somewhat like a little kid. The fact he knows how to play with Lucy’s toys says something. He is just a nice guy. What else can I say? I do not know him well, but it is somewhat of a start. Life can be so different for those that have seen other places, while those that do not see other places only know one side. Like the saying, the grass is not always greener on the other side. I like Adam. He is silly, but it is fine. Might be just a phase I think? Just thinking about him makes me smile. Odd I am. I wonder if Kate knows who I am. She might just think I am some crazy person. I will have to ask Adam tomorrow. How come when I mention a certain type of food I end up eating it? I think I had better stop that. Mentioned curry to Adam and ended up eating it.