2.21.2003

Cleaning house...

Today I cleaned the house. Some habits are hard to break. I had to. The house was yucky. You are wondering what is. They have spider webs around the house. I do not like spiders or spider webs. So I “hovered� (vacuumed) them all. I even hoovered my own room. I find Fridays just nice. If I start up early I have more time to lounge around. I even unloaded the dishwasher. I guess every home has one. They are more backwards here than in the “states.� We still do them by hand, but since it is so busy over here because they have the soap operas on here at night instead of in the morning. I guess that is why they would need one. If I could figure out what was wrong with my computer I would not need to ask Adam. i suppose I am off to school to use the computer and then head on back home to make my weekly phone call to me mum (that is to my mom.) I do not even know why they say me instead of my. I also made the mistake of saying eraser instead of rubber. Who knew one language separated by an ocean would be so different? Four weeks and not a lot of progress from me self. = )

Talked to Adam today. Adam looks like a panda. I am going to tell him that next time. He is so nice. I wonder if Mandy (host mom) thinks I am some sort of odd person or something that does not go out a lot. She asked me again if I have many friends. Well I have some, but not a lot. Then she said something about when she was my age she was not at home anymore. Well I live a somewhat troubled life. All that thanks to former flat mates (roommates). They drove me nuts and now it is going to take a while for me to become more normal. I guess I am less social that some of the other students she has had before. She asked if I walk with anyone to school. We all have different classes so it is hard to. And plus those that I get along with live on the other side of town.

I would go out more, but I am sick right now. She could not even let me stay and rest because of that. I just wonder…what is on her mind really. I try to go out. I mean I made the effort to head to school and such to get online to talk to people. Ok I think the computer rules my life. That is just sad now. I will have to say it. Well at least next month I will be away a whole lot. Then she cannot really say anything.