2.20.2003

Field trip to King Arthur's Camelot...

Today we went to see cathedrals. They have gothic influence. The first one was where King Arthur was suppose to be buried. You know the whole Camelot thing. I do not know much about it, but it was something to see the last parts of it. Oh, the professor asked why the walls were red. I answered because there was a fire or just said fire. I remembered from the first outing that we had in Bath. The tour guide said that if it had fire then the stone would be red.

The next location we headed off to was, Wells. That cathedral was not big, but heavily gothic influenced. We also found out that there really are people buried under the church. There you could see the where the bishop lived. He lives on this island type thing complete with a real moat. That was interesting to see. A real moat. After we saw the church on the inside, we walked about the outside. Then we walked over to the part where the people who worked or ran the church at. They took a picture of me standing in front of a door that was perfect size for me. I do not know if I should be amused or impressed.

The last place we headed off to was, to Cheddar Gorge. That is where cheddar cheese was invented. I thought we would get to see it, as in get off the bus and see it, but no such luck. It was just a drive thru or drive by. Not over all the day was too bad because it was not as cold. Normally when we go, it is cold. It was nice. The sun even came out. The people who give the weather reports are so off.