2.03.2003

Being a Spod in "Spod" country...

I left the house early and caught the bus to school, and that scared me a bit. Having never taken the bus to school, I started to wonder if I got on the wrong bus. It made a huge circle and then finally heading off to the direction that was sort of close to school. I got off the bus where I would usually start walking to school. I then proceed to walk to school as usual. I am doing the UK uni (university) thing by going to school and hanging out at the labs talking to others. I finally did it. I am one of them! Yes!

I did not go to town today, although I wanted to. I must explore. I must find good deals on good food and at cheap prices. One pound for stuff isn’t too bad, but if it doesn’t fill you up then it’s not worth it. And it’s true about not looking at one pound as equal to one dollar otherwise you will be paying way too much and not knowing it at all. I miss Mexican food. I truly do. I am going to head off to Safeway if I can tear myself away from the computers tomorrow to buy some Mexican stuff. That is politically incorrect, but they do that with all Asian food by calling it "Oriental". The sun was out. Just wanted to make a point of it, for when it is not and when it rains or even snows. I cannot believe the snow keeps missing me! My host dad is glad, but if it was to snow on a weekend, I think that would be neat.