2.02.2003

Missing Chinese culture...

It is the second day of Chinese New Year. I wonder what this year had in stored for me. I guess it would be hard living here and celebrating since there are not many Chinese people around. I miss real Chinese food. I think I am going to have to find a place to get some. Chips and salsa is something yummy too. I think I will walk around town today. Might as well, since there is nothing interesting happening at the house or at school. I miss those Sugarus candies, especially the strawberry flavored ones. Thinking about them makes my mouth water. I think I will make it my mission to head to town to explore what is cheap and good for a souvenir. I have not even done the post card thing yet. Not likely, it will snow here anytime soon. I suppose I will head on over to the library and check my e-mail. I hope that something interesting will have been sent to me. I doubt it though since it is Sunday.

I was correct. I think the internet is running my life. I think the place to go now for using the internet is the library in town. Forget school. It is a long walk up hill and then to be disappointed would be horrible! All that for nothing and it would be a shame as well. The family that I am staying with that I have not mentioned until today is because I wanted to be sure that I did not make any judgments too soon. They are different than, the children brought up in America. They do not really obey they parents and they do not sit and eat their “tea� properly. It has to be playing and eat at the same time. When I think of my cousins that are about that age it’s as different as night and day. It was sunny and then it rained and then stopped. I think if this keeps up I will have to have an umbrella with me always since that is the proper thing to do. I have not had a chance to really explore the shops in town, but I am going to have to eventually. Tomorrow I think will feel more like school and not vacation.