2.24.2003

Meeting the Mayor of Bath...

I think I am sicker than I was last week. I could be running a fever. All I got from Mandy was just, “take some pills 4 times a day�…well duh, I know that. However, she does not know that I know me better than she knows the ill. I think I am going to move. I like Chris, but Mandy is the person I do not get along with. I am suppose to, but I do not know if other Capricorns get along well. I suppose yes, but I do not know if it is because of the age gap. I think the sun actually came out for a while. I am not sure since I am delirious now.

Today I met the mayor. I did not think that first it would be a woman. She is pretty nice and down to earth. She just wanted to show everything off to the public and that is nice. Glad that she wants to reach out to as many people as she can. To think that I was in a room that Queen Elizabeth the II was in is wow. That is wicked (cool). To see how she signed her name was neat too. That was just exciting. To see everything that goes on. I tried on the robe that the mayor wears. It is long and heavy and keeps you nice and warm. Good thing if you’re outside and not inside. Exciting day. Never thought I would get to meet the mayor. She keeps tights in the wine cooler. Heh heh. Little traditions change since it is the new millennium.

Afterwards we headed off to a pub. It was nice. Students and professors just drinking, talking, relaxing, and enjoying the city of Bath on a weekday after meeting the mayor is unheard of in the States. I talked to Michael and he got rejected by his family. That is sad to hear. Because his parents think it is his fault because it looks as if he did not try. I got to thinking about myself and I do try, but I am not just adjusting as well as I thought I would with this family. I do not get along with along with Mandy. I get along with Chris great, but the children and I are far from being close. We are from two different worlds. Ben is into sport (sport for Americans) and Danni is into dance and music, what I am into, but since I have not been feeling well it is hard for me to be up and active.