6.11.2004

Inspired...

While up during the graveyard shift and watching a VCD I was suddenly inspired. You are wondering how I can be inspired. It is similar to how a writer suddenly had the urge to write but sometimes or most of the time has writers block. I wrote something but I do not know how to categorize it. I guess it is a form of free writing and just creativity.

The Child Inside Me

The child inside me is a sixteen years old teenager
The one who could do everything and be everyone's friend
The child inside me aspires to stay alive although my age is no longer sixteen
The length or the style of my hair is proof
I looked in the mirror today and thought to myself
Wow, I do look older today with my hair this way
That made me think about my interview and how my appearance mattered
To others I appear sixteen but looks can be deceiving
I thought about where others my age are
What they are doing with their degree or even in their personal life
Some have a place of their own or a plan to purchase one
Others could be like me saving up for that place but need THE JOB
As I reflect on myself and of words said to me, I must grow up
Leave sixteen behind and be twenty-three
Because twenty three is me


What is Hard and What is Easy

Making your own choices is hard
Buying clothes that fit is hard
Looking for easy fits is easy
Looking for someone who listens is hard
Dressing your age all the time is hard
Finding your one true love is easy
Looking for the perfect person is hard
Looking for a job is hard
Writing this out is easy
Sleeping early is hard
Not writing is hard

Horoscope: Your family or your career. A difficult choice. But also, in a way, obvious.
Reading:
Watching:
Listening to: Life In Mono - Mono
Thinking about: Killing neighbors or complaining about them.
Mood: Dazed