3.15.2003

Barfest in Paris 2003...

The next day we see Jessica and everything is fine. We met up at Notre dame again and headed off to Versailles. Ryan was late and we waited. It took 15 minutes from when the others left for him to get there. It was ok. Therefore, we head off to Versailles by train. We only walked around the garden area. Bare since it is winter. We did not pay the €14,50 to go look at the rooms since that would have taken all day. Once we finished looking we head on back. They made a special stop at the Eiffel Tower just for me. I just looked and nothing else. After we head towards the Champs-Elysées. That was interesting since the arch looks like the once that I saw in Dublin, the one on friends, and the one at Marble Arch. Then we headed back to our hotel to drop stuff off and then to the other hotel.

We finally end up eating dinner at La Fabricque. It was expensive, took a long time for the food to come, and was not filling. We were somewhat late in meeting with the others and we did not know what to do. No plan. Some said they wanted to head to Notre Dame since they had not seen it at night. Stacey wanted to come but we just did not want her company. We said we were just going to walk all over and I really wanted to see the Eiffel Tower at night, but we had too much fun at Notre Dame.

What happen was someone said, "let’s go to the liquor store and get some wine". Therefore, Ryan, Maria, Kristi, and Michael get wine. I am not much of a drinker so pass and just let them be. The storeowner opened the bottles for them. So they drink some before we start walking. I am the leader since I know how to get there. We end up stopping a few times and take some pictures. They’re not very drunk yet, just buzzed from the wine they had at dinner. We take pictures at the bridge and of the water when we stopped. We then head on over to Notre Dame. We took pictures of it. As we finished the lights turned off.

Here is where it gets interesting. They all are drunk at this point. We meet some guys that are also drinking in front of Notre Dame. Kristi pours wine and says it is for someone (names or just random things.) Michael talks to the other guys just like Ryan and Maria as well. All I can do at this point is just stand and watch everyone. Someone had to be sane I mean sober. Everyone’s talking to someone and I am just standing there getting cold. I do not know how but Kristi finished her wine and so did Michael. Ryan finishes his beer. Maria drops her bottle of wine and complains about it. So the guys that we meet end up inviting us to dance, but others had beer for Maria. They got drunk fast. Ryan is not drunk but buzzed. Therefore, Kristi had to go to the bathroom and they were closed so she ends up going in the garage. Ryan helped her, but I am not sure on the details. I take Maria who’s drunk at this point over to get out of the cold. I call Michael, he goes down first and takes a leak, and Maria swears she did not see anything. I am speechless at this point.

Then Maria wanted to head down there and talk to Kristi, but she ends up sick. Kristi threw up in the garage and I think Maria might have as well. Then Michael goes and wonders what’s happening and I check. Maria wanted to finish the beer, but Ryan stops her. Some how I end up getting Michael upstairs and Ryan gets Maria up and then Kristi. From then on, it became puke fest 2003. Maria started then Kristi and then Michael. Michael makes the most noise and makes the others want to throw up as well. We wait until everyone is ok and then start to look for a taxi. We end up on the corner and then they all go at it some more. That was the corner where the police station was. Ironic isn’t it? Then we tried forever to get a taxi and ended up having to walk back. Then at one point, they start again. There was this little house or something they started up at. The funny part was Ryan tried to flag down a taxi and when Michael and Kristi threw up a taxi did stop but this girl got out throwing up. I could only laugh and shrug at Ryan. If I were drunk as well, it would have been hell for him. Four people drunk and just one person to take care of everyone.

We end up walking the rest of the way. More irony is when we were just 100 feet or so from my hotel there are empty taxis. I rang the bell and the stupid guy would not open the door and took forever to, then asked me how many people were in each room and did not even want to give me the keys. Ryan helps Kristi to her room and I think Michael got Maria to her room and then Maria passes out. Michael is outside sitting on the stairs about to barf and I see it just in time to get him something to barf in and then made him go in the bathroom in my room. After got him to Kristi’s room with Ryan who took him back to his hotel.