3.20.2003

Spain and spring break...

Today is the day! After lack of sleep from a nice and odd wake up from some guys from China it was time to head on over to check in. All night long I could hear music and was not sure where it was coming from, but then when I checked it was from the coffee place that was downstairs. I also heard the theme music from The Simpsons from a gambling game.

The flight over, I just slept after I ate. The woman could not believe I was still sleeping. I think I was sitting in the isle and she was just shocked. I bet she did not know that I had a wake up at about 2 a.m. That was not the nicest thing in the world, made it impossible for me to get back to sleep. I was wondering when Tonya would be seen. I had almost suggested that we go and look for her. When it was almost our turn to check in, she was in sight! So much has happened since she had last gone. Most of it was Stacey though.

We arrived in Malaga to find the weather somewhat decent. They said that it was raining the week before and weather now is nicer than it has been. It was warmer than in England so I did not care. We arrived and our rooms were not ready so we decided to go and take a walk on the boardwalk. It was windy, but not cold wind. It seemed like it because we were just coming from cold weather. We walked for a while and then headed back to the hotel for our rooms. We decided to go and get some food since we had not had any. Once we had food, we went back to the hotel and just slept. It was as if we lived there and was going with the culture. The plan was to head to the super market to buy some food, but since we were just so tired from lack of sleep, we got up too late to go.

Later that night, we ended up at this Italian restaurant. I had a pizza and I was surprised that I ate up the whole thing. Once we had finished our food the waiter said he had a friend that worked at a club that he could get us into. So I we said ok. We went back and changed, and when it was time only Maria, Tonya, and I went. It was ok. It was early and we were just going to stay a little while, but then the bouncer would not let us leave saying it was early still. So he ended up giving us one more complimentary drink card. I was in hell at that point. I wanted to be rested to go to the orientation the next day. Then when we left the club, we finally experienced something of another culture. We wanted to leave, but we were refused. We read the same thing in class.