3.26.2003

Gibralter and monkeys...

Gibraltar was something. The driver was silly for saying it would be hard for us to call him Enrique. He does not know that those of us from the states know how to say most Spanish names. I nearly missed the bus that morning. I knew when to get up, which I found a bit odd. I had a nice pasta breakfast since I had made extra the night before. The last of my food was finally gone. Therefore, once we headed off the coach we were on a mini bus that took us to the rock. We first had the nice entertainment from the three blokes (guys) from Manchester. They took control of the radio then of the microphone. They thought that they were being cute, but it was more funny than cute. First stop was the Pillars of Hercules. Then I think it was off to Saint Michael’s cave.

After that, it was to see the monkeys. On the way, the driver had his window open. One monkey came in and then another. It was hilarious. Then once we stopped for the monkeys, it was just interesting. I fed monkeys! That was the highlight for me. The driver did say that the monkeys would grab anything. I saw this one bloke have a monkey grab out of his pockets the Maltesers he had. The other guy brought all of his bags with him and one was plastic and the monkey tried to grab it from him and he ended up kicking the one that did. I suppose he did not listen to the driver.

That night we ended up going to the Arena. It was different because there was no one there. I had a margarita. It was not what I expected. Ko-Yac the sugar drink I have been hearing about tastes like Hawaiian punch. At least now, I know a drink that is good. The club was pretty much empty and I danced like a nut. It is fine with me since there is hardly anyone there. I had fun. We called it an early night.