3.28.2003

A fire in the house...

Today my back felt better. I also stayed in bed as long as I could. It was hard because my room was bright. Plus the neighbors were in their garden talking and laughing which really made it hard for me to sleep later. I ended up having what I usually do for breakfast and that was fine for lunch. The English call "lunch" dinner. That is just too much. Pretty much just watched TV and then tried to do some work. All I ended up doing was playing Spider until my host dad came home.

Dinner or "tea" as they called it became flames. Making it in the oven, it turned funny. I had mushy peas. It is different. Not too bad actually. It saves you the time of mashing them yourself. The smoke detectors went off twice. I joked about the house being burnt down. It is ok since June would have found out anyway. She went to visit her daughter who just had a baby girl. At least I was right about it being a girl. Her little grandson wanted a little brother. I watched the news and it said that you have to change the clocks fast an hour this Sunday. I find that odd since I am guessing that everyone would do it the same time.