3.19.2003

Off to Spain...

Today I went to school. The weather was nice. The sun was out. I finished my paper at school. I just could not work on it at home. It was not an easy paper. I also needed help on it since I did not really remember the paper. I fell asleep in class. Or sort of did and for that Hans ended class early. He even treated everyone to a round. I passed on it since I had to go home and pack. I was fully packed by the time my host dad came home to drop me off at the station.

I had no idea that it was Shannon Hammond̢۪s birthday. I saw her before I went off for a long coach ride to Gatwick. I went to Iceland to get the raspberry jam tarts that were yummy. I also got a roll of digestive cookies. I do not call them biscuits because it is from habit. I was going to buy some chocolate, but I figured that I could do without it. I headed on to the bus at about the right time. They were not sure if the bus was right, but it did not matter because I knew. They should have known from time they went to Heathrow from going to London and to Paris. I guess they must have forgotten. Once on the bus I could not believe that the driver showed a movie. It was "The Tuxedo". I had not seen it, but at least I saw all of it. Interesting and seeing Jackie Chan made me feel more at home.

So we arrived at Gatwick and I finally went to sleep at a reasonable time. I think it was about one something if not earlier. At about 1.45 a.m. I got a wake up from some guy. I thought that he would leave me alone. Instead, he brought back a friend. They spoke mandarin. They really tested me. I have not spoken it since I was back at home. They thought that I was from China and then became a citizen or that I was not saying that I was Chinese at all. That was just odd. Today was the first day of the war on Iraq.