11.10.2004

I'm so bored...

at work today. I mean I had nothing to do. I was just sitting in the back of the office without supervision. I mean it's good, but also bad. I had no internet so I couldn't surf the internet. I even jumped out of the chair when I saw a fax come in. That's just pure pathetic.

The desk I was sitting at I organized the drawer. I know she would never have the time so I did it for her. I mean I know that sounds crazy, but I did. I just didn't want to stare at a computer screen. I filed and just sat listening to gossip. When the office manager isn't in the office it's dead and when there's no one else in the office it's deserted. I mean at least Id' have something to do if there was an office manager. I should have just left or called in sick.

I couldn't stand being in the office so when it was time I moved the cars. Yes, I said cars with an S. The first car was easy and I found a place to park. Just had to adjust the chair and the mirror. The other car I almost hit. OK here's what happened. I backed up and signaled and thought it might be safe to go out. I forgot that there was an intersection and cars turn into the street. So I avoided getting hit, but did that freak me out. After I moved the cars I went back to my boring meaningless job. I went to lunch thinking I better hurry up and get something to eat in case they're not back and I have to move their cars again.

I was glad when someone came back when I got back from lunch. I mean I was ecstatic. There was life in the office once again and I was motivated. I mean would you be if no one was there and you had to be there? Sometimes I just want to call in sick. I actually thought about that last night or early this morning.

The reason I thought about it was because I had this horrible stomach ache and thought I would pass out from it. It was terrible. I was almost tempted to call 911. I know that's not good and it would be odd if my new cousin showed up at the house and said, "See I told you that lock was a nuisance." My stomach still hasn't fully recovered, but I'm not going to have anything cold for fear of it happening again.

I did get praised by the boss today. He said that he thought I did a pretty good job. This is hear say now from two of the people he talked to. If I could move up next year I'd stay, and if I couldn't then I don't know if I would. I mean I'd have to be higher than those in the front of the office.

I had more to say, but I could only recover part of the original post.

Horoscope: Disagreement can be healthy, sure. But don't argue just to argue.
Reading:
Watching: News
Listening to:
Thinking about: work, sleep, and Hong Kong.
Mood:
Your $0.02