11.11.2004

A new day with some learning...

I actually learned how to use Skyline. I mean I knew I'd have to, but I didn't think anything of it. Let me start from the beginning. I arrived in the office and saw that my desk had two large binders and those Pendaflex things with papers in it. The boss says that he'd prefer it not be up there, but it's been there for a month and plus the binders had been there forever so I don't know what the big deal is. Then I just looked through everything and just decided to file the stuff away. I mean I couldn't stand having all of that stuff on my desk. I mean now that I know what it is, I can just file it away. Then I was left with something that I tried to figure out with the office manager. She said that she'd have to talk to the office manager about it.

Let's just say that didn't happen and it remained on top of the filing cabinet. Then I managed to ask the boss what can I do to see what belongs and such. He said to call up someone to get them to see if he can pull some connections. I think I'd rather let the office manager do that. I filed away papers that had to be filed away and waited ages for a fax to come and while dialing the fax number it wasn't a fax number to begin with. Oh, how that irritated me. Then I called them to get the proper number and it didn't work. Then I looked at the original fax and it had the number that I should have been calling. Then finally when the fax went through I was happy.

Then I just sat and filed and helped out who I could. I ended up having tennis elbow again. This was at the end of the day while folding statements that had to be sent out. I also had to use Skyline to input new property that we manage. The strange part was that I did forget my profile name and so I logged in a few times and just gave up. I was shown how to add the new units and the oddest thing happened. On my computer the stuff didn't want to be entered. It made me crazy. I thought I was stupid and didn't understand, but in reality the computer didn't let me input stuff. How strange right? Then the person who asked me to input the new units she could add them on hers, but when she tried it on mine it wouldn't budge. Then she allowed me to use the other computer that we have. I mean then I got it done in like 10 minutes with copy and paste. More like copy once and just paste the rest.

I think she felt that I could input more information because I had made the folders and then would know the exact units and or she just had too much to do. That way she figured at least the units were in and then they could be used next month when I'm not there. I do feel like I'm going to be promoted and if I do I want more pay of course and health. I'd love that.

There are good and bad for me being away. Good they'll miss me and wish I was back and maybe give me a better job/position. Bad I'll have to train a temp to do my job. Good I'll have to write up an essay or something for him and good thing I already had one. Bad don't know if the person is bright or not. Good I'll be on holiday for two weeks. Bad they'll wish the temp was gone or want a fun and happy go lucky person. The list can go on and on.

Horoscope: Your engine is dangerously close to overheating. Let it idle for a while.
Reading:
Watching: Bridget Jones's Diary
Listening to:
Thinking about:
Mood:
Your $0.02