9.10.2003

Almost caught...

Today I woke up. I got out of bed. I went to put water in the kettle. I left the house early hoping to get an early start on the drive to school. I could not figure out how to defrost the back window. Yes, I am telling the truth. I even rolled down the window to wipe the side mirror because I could not see. The fog was so thick at times I went slow and tailgated. I ended up at school and parked at about the same time. I headed off the library as usual. I used up my media credits or whatever you call them from my library card. As I was leaving the library, I set of the alarm. I do not know why or how but the security guard said, "I can help you over here Ma'am." I was called Ma'am and I did not like that. I am not that old nor do I look that old.

I leave class and I try to add another class that I so desperately need. I get in! I have 4 days of work to catch up on. I have three chapters to read. I have no book to read because I did not purchase it. I buy lunch and head back home. I stop for gas to see the prices are changed and I am irritated because the prices when I filled up were high. After I finish the prices are lowered.

So I head on to 280 and I am in the lane that eventually becomes the carpool lane. However, at the time it was about two or one something so it should have been ok to be in the lane. Before it changed into the carpool lane, I had a feeling I would be pulled over for using the lane and or speeding. Well I am in the lane going roughly 90 m.p.h. and I see this odd looking car in the rear view mirror. I decided to go in the slower lane and let the car pass. The car passes me by and I find out it is a C.H.P. car. I thank god I changed lanes and went slower. I could have been hit with a ticket.

I make a little pit stop on the way back because my eyes were killing. I was glad I brought my glasses with me so I could pull over, put them on, and take off my contacts. My eyes were burning. I drove home and parked the car and remembered to close everything somewhat and parked beautifully. That was my day.