9.03.2003

Am I driving too fast?

I am going to start with what happened last night. I got a headache and went to be early. I watched a little Queer Eye for the Straight Guy before I went to sleep and turned off the television. Yes early is before 11 p.m. I also was in pain from my left shoulder. I do not know why or how it got there. However, it was there.

I then woke up this morning to find out that there were lightning storms but nowhere near where I was driving. I usually watch the news to find out the weather and the traffic incase there is some accident and it will take me longer to get to school.

I am driving and on my way to head for the freeway. The cars ahead of me were super slow. I do not know why. The best part was I was driving at about 80 miles per hour and I spot a sheriff’s car. I thought that car is not C.H.P. (California Highway Patrol) so nothing to worry about if I just go at a normal pace. (A normal pace on that freeway is about 80 miles per hour.) All of a sudden, I see the Sheriff's car chase after someone. At this point, I was enjoying my drive because I was not the one being chased for speeding. However, I lost the car because all the other cars were going too slow! I drive and it rains on and off looking like pigeon droppings coming down fast. I have never driven in the rain so I do not know at all.

I come home and I believe while driving to school I do hit the 90 miles an hour mark. I know that is bad. I think I might have gone 95 at one point but it is hard to tell. On my way home, I know I did do 90. I watched as I went that fast. Speeding is bad and I know it too. I have tried to slow it down some. I will not go 90 again! (Let us just see how long I can do without going 90 on the freeway.)