2.25.2004

Drive home...

Once I left the nice warm library and headed off to the car, I had no idea what was in store. I arrived at the car soaked and that was not fun. I start the car and head off to Rotten Robbie for gas. Sorry Valero, but in time of expensive gas you must go cheap. What was to happen was something else.

I was already somewhat soaked from walking to the car. I was then I the rain filling up. My credit card would not read and then when it did I pressed the most expensive gas. That wasted about two minutes. Then I do it the right button and it starts to come down. I hide in the car because there is nothing else I can do without an umbrella.

I leave from the gas station thinking I have to arrive to CSM (College of San Mateo) to pick up everyone. I had no idea I would be driving in some crazy weather. I mean at least it was bright out and I could somewhat make out the car in front of me who does not have their headlights on. The rain came down bad at time. I have no idea why people would pass others just because they are driving cautiously when visibility is like zero-ish.

I arrived just in time to CSM to pick everyone up. I open the truck but forget to unlock the door. At least it was not raining. I would end up driving and almost getting into an accident. I guess if you rear end someone it would be your fault. Yeah I almost did that a few times in the morning as well while driving to school. Well the car in front of me was a disabled person. I had no idea that the lights were out at Holloway. San Francisco State University has their classes canceled.

So accidents were avoided and yes I did drive safe and never did get up to 80 M.P.H. today and I should not have either. Today is the first day of Lent. I have decided to give up chocolate for a month. I made it through day one. How many left now?