2.22.2004

When you hear news about marriage...

You hear these words, “Oh so and so is getting married.” What runs through you mind? For me it is what is the groom’s name? In most cases, I have forgotten if I have met them only a few times. Then I have to wonder what I will be doing before the wedding. Will I be a part of the wedding party as in, in the actual wedding as a bridesmaid? On the other hand, will I just be another nameless face as one of the guests?

I received the news that my cousin is getting married tonight. My reaction is of course I get another red envelope this coming Chinese New Year. Ok not exactly what everyone thinks of when someone gets married but maybe it is I. I have no job and with the job market as it is right now I am going to have to sell myself. I look at Chinese New Year as the time of the year when I am paid for all my hard work. I think of it as a reward of some sort. I might have to take up the Hong Kong way of thinking by buying new clothes etc. for the New Year. Because it is a new year and everyone is always trying to start fresh.

Well I had better get back to studying for my midterm. Wish me luck everyone! I will be giving it my all even though it is multiple choice and always go with your first answer right because if you second-guess yourself you might end up getting it wrong when you has the answer right.