2.09.2004

When grandparents take over your life?

After coming back from Hong Kong and having the words that my grandmother said, ?next time you come back it will be with someone right?? I told her yes with my brother. I know what she was getting at. Just because my uncle?s children have, a significant other does not mean I have to.

My grandmother wants me to either get a boyfriend OR just bring someone back with me next time. The funny thing is that when I said next time I meant it could be as fast as May or December. Well if I get a job it will not be that fast. So let me hope I get a job.

This is a bit of a dilemma since I have neither a good friend nor a boyfriend to take along. See if I had a good friend then I can just say outsmart my grandmother please for me. To make it a little more difficult she said that they have to know how to speak Cantonese. Now where am I going to find a person like that? I mean I can always bring anyone and then have him fake it. She said no what is the polite way of saying it, no non-Cantonese speakers.

What do I do now? The way I see it I should go to a tarot card reader place only after being inspired by a TVB series Ups and Downs in the Sea of Love. I highly recommend it.