9.10.2004

Game on!

Tonight's game was something to watch. You have Tomko starting against Randy "Big Unit" Johnson. The game was probably one of the best ones pitched by Tomko. He has two hits when he left the game. Dallimore was sent into his place to PH (pinch hit). I was a little surprised, but then again I'm not the manager. We did have RISP (runners in scoring position) but some how R.J. (Randy Johnson) got the best out of us.

The person who took it hardest had to be Dustan Mohr. After striking out he went back to the dugout and gave himself a hard time. I know he felt helpless even if it was to help out Tomko get a few more runs, but against the Big Unit it would have to be on his mistake. Bonds was at bat and got hit in the shoulder blade. I was shocked to see it and I know it must've hurt. His little girl Aisha was there to see it happen and started to cry. I felt sorry for here then seeing her dad get hit with the ball. I know it's not intentional but it happens.

I had made a suggestion about Tomko pitching when it's hot and humid in the message boards, but I doubt it that the managers read it. It's filled with trolls and message saying: I hate ____ (insert name) or Alou's ___ (insert word). There was one troll who is a Dodger fan and started writing how we wouldn't make to the top since we were behind the Dodgers. I say that you can't count us out until the last week or even the last game of the season. I know I have optimism for baseball and the Giants, but not finding a job. Isn't that interesting?

I thought about what someone wise said to me in the beginning of the season when I said they lose the game though. They said there's still __ (insert number of games left) to be played. Now that I think about it the ones that were close like tonight's game play a major part. However, now we just have to hope that the Cubs and the Marlins lose a few to help us out. There was a Dodger fan who came to say that we wouldn't make it to the top at all. Until the last week or even the last game we still have a chance. They have Gagne (A.K.A. Gagme) who has to now pitch for two innings instead of one because their set up person (Mota) was traded to the Marlins. He'll be tired and worn out sooner than our new closer Hermanson (the Hermanator) since he was a starting pitcher and could probably pitch three innings if he had to. On his mind as a closer is that he has to strike this person before and that would be the end. Where as if you were a SP (starting pitcher) you would have to worry about every single pitch and how it would effect the game. He looks the part of a closer with the mean look and the facial hair. I could see him being intimidating.

Another day and another game to be played. Go Giants! I believe that you can do it. There is still 20 games left and a lot can happen with about half a month to go. I believe you can do it. Just have faith and believe in the power of orange. Oh Bonds tied his record for most walks in a season with 198 in 2002. He's still at 698 and looking for two more to make it to 700.

Horoscope: Yes, it's true: this is about them, not you. But you can make a difference.
Reading:
Watching: What Not to Wear
Listening to:
Thinking about: tomorrow's game and other stuff.
Mood: