10.07.2003

The Simpsons...

Having just watching the episode of The Simpsons where Bart ends up in France makes me wonder why none of us remembered the part where Bart asked the police officer for help. He had to speak French to the officer because he did not understand English. Now remembering when I was in France it was the same thing. Why did I not make the connection sooner until now? I guess it must have slipped my mind since I am getting old and forgetful. Oh well, at least the next time I head to France I will make sure I know some French because unless they are doing tourist type of business they will not understand English. Moreover, why is that those making a living selling souvenirs to tourist know English but police officers do not know a word? One of life's mysteries I suppose.