10.25.2004

A firefighter's wedding part two...

There was so I left out in the last post and here's the rest of it. The cake had a picture of the bride and the groom, but they were figures with the picture put on to it. I promise there'll be a picture for you to see. I had no idea that the cake was different styles and or flavors. I mean it looked the same on the outside, but on the inside was another story.

At the church during the ceremony the Father said he had a gift for the firefighters who usually get married. It was an axe. You know the ones that they would use if they had to get break a door down. That was just priceless when he said that both of them could use it. I don't know who'll have that when it happens when they have a fight, but I bet it'll end early.

The banquet was held at The Empress of China. when you arrived, you were able to get yourself a premixed drink along with sushi. Man that was good. I even made a joke to the guy who was working the sushi saying that he didn't want help because he probably wanted to hit on the ladies himself. The favors were butteryfly cookies and also chocolate moldings of a fire hydrant, an axe, a fire truck, and fire helmet.

At a wedding when someone starts to bang on a dish or something the bride and groom are suppose to kiss. Well, my cousin was extra sneaky. She had names already drawn for that purspose. Here's how it went down with the kissing. The first couple did a stipe tease some what. Then the bride and groom had to copy what they did as an example of how to kiss. Man that was just priceless.

They also showed a DVD of how they were when they were little. It was priceless seeing my cousin and her brother together. Some of those pictures I haven't even seen before. After that it was the first dance.

The first dance was just as crazy. They danced to the song and the theme of the wedding which was A Moment Like This and that was from 2001 when Kelly Clarkson won American Idol. The person sang it live and accapella. Then they wanted to dance, but then they had to go and greet the guest when they left the banquet.

I was able to see someone from high school. She's not related to my cousin, but she does have the same last name. She's going to S.F.S.U. and getting a dietician degree. She's better than me and she has a job at St. Francis hospital. She has to work on the weekends, but at least she gets weekdays off. She has been back to Lincoln to see the Colonel, but I haven't. I should make it a point to do that soon.

Horoscope: Don't agree to help someone out until you know what it is you're getting involved in. (this applies to me today)
Reading:
Watching:
Listening to:
Thinking about: food..lunch time...
Mood: sick =(
Your $0.02