10.24.2004

A firefighter's wedding...

lived up to everything that I thought it should be. Of course, noone told me I had to be the one that stopped the grom fomr coming into the house. That was totally last minute for me to think of something. Thanks to bows and my great thinking on my feet I was able to make the groom look silly.

The things he did wrong were:
1. Tried to give just straight cash in a WHITE envelope. Tthat's a no-no in Chinese custom.
2. Couldn't sing on key or follow along to lyrics privded to him for the song You Light Up My Life
3. Didn't know how to corrdinate the bows on himself that I made him wear.

Otherwise it was pretty good. I saw cute little people and I myself was dressed up. I had second thoughts when I left the house, but by then it was too late. So the number of jobs tha tI had to do today were three I believe.

Jobs done:
1. Think of way to punish the groom before entering the house.
2. Take the bows off the pews after the ceremony.
3. Be a "partcial" usher to stop people from walking on the white paper.
4. Carry flowers to the restaurant.
5. Blow up balloons (but they ran out of air, so that didn't count.

Wow looking back on the list I did many things. Didn't have to worry about the gift table at all. So overall a good day. It was sunny after all the weather reports. The party favors were good. The hats worked out and I should have gotten a picture of it, but I didn't. I did get a picture of the cake. The itinerary just went down hill at the church. Nothing started on time. More on this later in part two of a firefighter's wedding.

Horoscope: You're unusually adept at what you do. Try to be an example to others.
Reading:
Watching:
Listening to: Vivaldi
Thinking about:
Mood: