12.21.2003

The longest night of my life…

Only to find that within an hour it would the longest night of my life. While in a blackout, I was just pacing back and forth and I could not use my mobile because the reception was horrible and the batter was on low. It was difficult to kill time. I paces back and forth and was wondering when the electricity would come back on. It finally did. I wonder why my TV and VCR did not turn on. I had thought that the power was half out in my room. Turns out all, I had to was unplug the power and plug it again and it worked. I spent about half an hour outside in the cold watching TV when I could have been in my nice warm bed watching.

I woke up a few times during the night and I finally got the story on what had happened to cause the blackout. It was a power plant, something sparked, and the fire department was called. To be safe they turned off all the power in the city. Then as they were restoring power, the same thing happened and they have to start from scratch again. Power was finally restored at about 5.45 a.m. I also had the scoop on why there was no power from my cousin the firefighter.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. I know I am sleep deprived from listening to the radio last night and then waking up every occasionally hoping that the power would come back on. You wonder what people did without power back in the old days. If my laptop battery was charged I could watch anime, but it was at 40% and that means you could not even watch half an episode.

I will watch the news and hopefully that will put me to sleep like it should and I will wake up later.