7.15.2004

Why I woke up early...

So here is what really happened today.

I woke up this morning before my alarms woke me up. Yes alarms with an S. the phone and radio was suppose to wake me up. I guess I had no idea what I was in store for. I decide to take the 71 to Page Street. I got off at the right stop but just had no sense of direction what so ever.

I ended up walking more than I had to because due to me not being a morning person, which is a major factor, and the map that I was using did not help at all. While trying to find Page Street I ended up walking in a circle more or less and then passing a car with POT heads. That was nice in the morning.

I was suppose to be there on time and I would have been if I had knew I would just have to walk up the hill. Now I know better. And I did call when I could not find the place. I ended up getting a ride to the place and then being let in. I was told there is everything that you should need.

First assignment was to paint the hallway. I first tape the edges. Yes that is the first thing you should do. Then it was lay out the tarp stuff just incase for dripping and spillage. Well I painted from the living space to the doorway which should have been the other way around I think. Then when I get to the corner turn part I think I should move stuff. This is where the play it by ear thing went sour.

Then I start moving stuff all around and I had no idea what was to happen next. I used the paint can as an extra "STEP" to help me remove the smoke detector and to paint the edge with the paintbrush. The edge painter thing that I was supposed to use was not good. It messed up the paint job that I had done.

The "STEP" that I used it fell a couple of times when I was using it. Then big one hit. I was thinking dear lord not now. To top it off I had the door open and the lovely neighbor next door saw me cleaning the mess. I was thinking please do not tell the person who lives here how bad it was. It was my worse nightmare. Spilling paint and then having to go threw a narrow walkway with designer purses there too. if I got paint on it I would be so sorry and well I did not. I had taken off the tape and now have to do some touch ups tomorrow. I should have left on the tape and I did at some places but I will remove it tomorrow.

I find that either I get a ladder (which was stolen and so I cannot exactly leave the edges unpainted) and then just improvised. Cover everything up and move everything I need to before starting to paint. Make sure I have access to everything with a step ladder.

That is the plan for tomorrow. Forget capris and just wear shorts. Must head to bed. Must set VCR to tape shows.