11.17.2003

The highlights from lack of sleep…

I was going on lack of sleep today. I B.S. my presentation and I never did make the eight pages for the rough draft. I thought I did a bad job but to my surprise I did not have any questions only because class was about to end. Did I mention I ditched my T.A.ing for the day? I was in my art history class and I wanted to sleep. I was just wiped out. I was also hungry. I figured I had to go and print out the rough draft and then turn that in then head on over to the library to pickup a few items.

I then walk back to the car thinking I can just go to Super Taqueria to get some food and then go home. I walk to the car, head to the gas station and fill up to find out they don’t take Discover anymore. Arrg. Then I had to pay with cash and if I have to pay with cash I will be poor faster. Then I head to Albertsons to make a dash for more chicken broth. I only bought a dozen because my feet hurt.

I left and then went to pick up food. Oh glorious food! Not to eat it right away but when I get home. I drive home and I head to the mall. I exchange my favorite shirt (they’re all out because HERB DID NOT TELL ME IT WAS 60% OFF) and so I was left coming out empty handed. I decided to ask the AT&T dealer what I can do about my phone. The guy said you can get a new phone. I said I don’t know who’s the phone under. He just kept on asking me if I knew the last four digits of the person who was the owner of the phone’s social security number. I said no.

Then he asked if I was 18 and I said yes. He said ma’am (he called me ma’am and not miss what a way to not make a sale) and said that the Panasonic phone was like a Toyota and the Samsung was like a Honda. You have one phone that is not top of the line and one phone that is top of the line. Bad car analogy and if I did not know anything about cars I would be lost.

Then goes to tell me that my phone will not work or will be old (it is already three years old and so I know it is old that is why I am looking for a new phone duh!) and no longer in use. He said that GSM would take over. He also said that GSM was based with a satellite. He said that if I was to drive using my phone down Highway 5 I would get no signal sometimes but with the GSM I would because it was “satellite”. That is a total lie and I do not know where he got his training. He said so much stuff that he was B.S.ing about and though I did not know any better on what I wanted and trying to sell me the high price phone. Why bother with a con artist when I can order online without the con artist? I left and said thanks.

I go home and wolf down food. Yummy! I loved the salsa. So fresh and not spicy. Good carne asada. After eating I felt like a beer so I took out a Stella. Man I was buzzed for a while and I was cursing. Bad aren’t I?

I finally picked up the load of laundry I had washed and dried yesterday. I have not folded it yet, but I plan to.

"Be responsible. Know what you're saying. Bite the bullet if it matters so much." - Horoscope