11.28.2003

The rewards are greater if you try harder…

As I was driving it started to rain. Lucky it was not too heavy or I would have had to slow down. I did try to go slower, but my lead foot kept the car going at around 75-80 M.P.H.. At the freeway entrance for going on 280 around Burlingame a C.H.P. came out of nowhere. That really freaked me out. All the cars just started to go about 70 M.P.H.. I do not know if it was after a car or it just wanted everyone to slow down.

I finally found it…The museum that is. The maps or whatever you wish to call them that are all over Stanford are not that helpful. They do not have you are here because if they did they would be sweet and helpful. I thought this building I was in front of was it. it was not. Turns out it is a hospital. You can imagine my surprise. I was so close to the museum. I circled for what seemed like ages. I finally just parked the car and gave up.

I called for help or someone to keep my sanity. Thanks Herb for reassuring that I was not going mad and that I do know how to read a map and have some sort of sense of direction. (In a way I am like a guy. I refused to ask for directions because I had a map and everything else that I needed for this trip.) Well it turns out that the bloody museum was like behind the parking structure. They need better signs at Stanford. Who wants to get lost there? On the other hand, who wants to be on a minibus for a guide of the campus?

Where I had parked had meters, but I wonder if they would even check them considering it is a day after a major holiday. I did not want to risk it and luckily a car left and his meter had like an hour 10 on it. So I moved my car into that spot. Luckily, I got no ticket. The meters do not have to be fed after 4.00 p.m. so when I left I was not ok.

I spent at least an hour because I finally figured out on the map where the museum was. I was already to go in and work when I get stopped by security saying I cannot take my backpack there. She said put it into a locker. I was not going to leave my laptop there so I took it with me. I did not use it but just knowing I had it was good.

When I was inside working security comes in and asks me if I am using a pen or a pencil. Unless he was colorblind (which I am not sure of) I was using a pen. He said that pens were not allowed so I had to use one of those silly looking golf pencils. They were so annoying because I could not draw the way I wanted with them. I never thought that pens were not allowed in museums. Maybe because it is Stanford. If it were some other place, they would not care.

I went back to the car and left the campus. I left in one peace and never will I go there again. I drove home so fast out of Stanford you would think I was running away from some monster I had seen. As god as my witness unless I do not have to drive then I will go. I made it home in one piece going way too fast, but that’s how I’m driving now. Way too fast. I went from doing around 70 MPH to 80+ M.P.H.. oh there was a raccoon dead before the Burlingame exit. Something else was dead along the road and I swerved to avoid it.

"Go for the best deal. You see what you shouldn't see. Tell those who should know." - Horoscope

My horoscope was dead on today! I mean really! My brother bought a PDA (Sony) and I surfed onto a site that has somewhat good deals on it (not as great as another, but ok) and I saw that it was cheaper at Office Depot. How 12 pairs of eyes (we all wore glasses and you know the expression four eyes) could not see that price listed in the paper was beyond me. I mean I only see it when I get home. How crazy is that? Well I told him so he could get some money back. My brother says that he is finally organized, well I told him about Sunday (we have a family dinner) and he said he would put it under advisement. I do not think that is being organized.