5.21.2004

Barry Bonds...

In his own words:

"I have a shot at Babe Ruth. But to me, it just doesn't seem to be realistic [to catch Aaron] because of the amount of walks and time. It's catching up and that's the way it is," Bonds said. "As a position player, time catches up with you. If I'm DHing, that's one thing, but to play on the field -- the wear and tear.

"If you play a night game [followed by a] day game like we do in San Francisco, it's hard. If we played all night games and all Sunday day games as we used to do in the past, I will tell you that I have a shot at anything. If that were the case, I could get up in the morning like normal. Get myself prepared all day, take naps and have some recovery time. But in San Francisco, there is no recovery time. You play a night game and you come back and play a [12:35] day game. There is no time for your body to heal."

Full article can be read here.

My favorite part had to be about naps. He takes naps. Wow. He is human after all. Naps are good. =)

Horoscope:
Mood: Alert
Reading:
Watching: Oprah
Listening to:
Thinking about: Enrolling in summer school? Or next fall?