5.21.2004

"Inner poise"...

"Lately, therefore, whenever things have risked ranging out of control, I have repeated the phrase "inner poise" and imagined myself wearing white linen and sitting at a table with flowers on it. "Inner poise." No fags for six days now. Have assumed air of dignified hauteur with Daniel and not messaged, flirted or slept with him for three weeks. Only three alcohol units consumed over the last week as gruding concession to Tom, who comoplained that spending the evening with the new vice-free me was like going out for dinner with a whelk, scallop or other flaccid sea-creature."

"My body is a temple. I wonder if it's time to go to bed yet? Oh no, it's only 8:30. Inner poise. Ooh. Telephone." - Bridget Jones's Diary

Chocolate 0 (but early so it might be 5 later), milk tea 3 (too many if you ask me), accidents 2, spiders killed 2

After the final and after I went to the library to return the books, VCD, DVDs, and CDs I went to find my favorite book. I had to find the part about "inner poise" because I had no idea I would need it later.

I leave and head for EB Games to check to see if they have the games my brother wanted. I am standing outside of the store because it was not open. It opens at 10.00 a.m. or so it claims. I only see the games that he is trying to buy on eBay so I called him and said it cost this much do you want it? He says no and wants burritos. Ok I got there and ordered the burritos. It was somewhat loud inside so I could not exactly hear what the guy was saying. I ordered the burritos and he thought I wanted the filling to be mixed. It was partly my fault because I did not say burrito. I wanted refried beans inside and not whole beans. I thought I heard him say, "Do you want beans on the side?" I just gave up.

Next, I went to get my milk tea. I got my free one too. I was holding two milk teas one in each hand walking to the car. I had first thought about where I parked it and if I had locked the door. (This question comes up a lot when I have lack of sleep.) I put one away in the trunk while I finish the other. Go to fill up the tank because it was empty or nearly.

I cleaned the windows and bird crap and then thought the car really needed to be washed. I am not going to do that until it is sunny otherwise my efforts will be in vain. I think I am not going to Great Mall because there is nothing there.

Past the rest stop with that statue, I saw a CHP officer. I was not going fast but a white 4x4 was pulled over. As long as it was not me I am happy. However, I was driving and noticed a fly in the car. It drove me nuts! They are the same flies that appear in my room out of nowhere. Unless I have a fly nest or whatever they are called in my head I have no idea where they come from. I head over to Serramonte because I needed to go to Target to pick up a couple of DVDs.

I did pick up chips (funyuns) which is bad. More junk food when I should not be buy anymore. I take my time heading back. I tried to switch lanes to the center lane but the car in front was being a jerk. Minivan. Then this car beside me did not go fast enough so I could cut in and I almost hit them. It was a semi old lady maybe middle aged who honked at me and I think gave me the finger but I was not paying attention so I just brushed it off. There was no parking so I had to park in front of the driveway.

Pretty much, I am in slow motion mode. I wonder if that is possible. Well I come home and eat my burrito when I am almost half way it falls out of my hand and onto the carpet. Then I am miserable. Except the fact that I did not clean it up right away and my brother stepped on the rice. So all in all I believe the morning was decent except I left later than I wanted. Did not find parking right away, which should have been a sign. The sign before that was the nice CHP officer who was on the side of me and was nice enough not to pull me over. Which reminds me I was walking back to the car and talking to myself and thought about what I would have said to him if I was pulled over.

Can anything else go wrong? Probably. Nevertheless, I am home. Oh, to finish what happened to the burrito it got onto my trouser leg and on both my socks, I believe. Now I have to do a load of laundry. Lucky me right. Might have been thinking inner poise when almost hit the woman.

Horoscope: You hold your position with logic and style. When it's time to give in, you surrender gracefully. Getting along with others is important. You're all here to make things easier for each other.
Mood: Tired.
Reading:
Watching: Family Guy
Listening to:
Thinking about: Inner poise.