5.26.2004

Fantasy and reality...

I woke up this morning because my phone rang. I wish it was a dream but it was reality. I had to answer it and when I did, I could not sleep again. Before the phone rang I was already debating if should get out of bed or not. The neighbors or someone was blasting a TV or radio. I am really close to writing a note to the neighbors to give them a piece of my mind.

I turned on the TV to find something that would put me back in touch with Mr. Sandman. That did not happen. Then I turned to TBS, watched partly, and listened to Dawson's Creek. Here is where the fantasy comes in.

When I was in high school I would watch that show and think I am a little like Joey Potter. I do not have a father in jail, nor a mother that has passed away, an older sister, and a best friend with those exceptions. What I saw in myself being similar to Joey I will never know. The episode today dealt with Jack being gay and letting his father know.

The discussion that Jen and Ty had about Jack being gay really had me thinking. I mean this was back in 1999 and now it is 2004 and it seems that gay people have not had it easy at all. They have made it big somehow but there is still much that is taboo and cannot be shown on TV.

Then after Dawson's Creek ended I switched to Full House. The fantasy part was that I thought in some ways I was D.J. Tanner. The similarities are that we are the oldest, a little chubby, have younger cousins, and I did have the one best friend while growing up.

Back to reality since I know I am not Joey Potter or D.J. Tanner as much as I wanted to be when I was younger but they were role models to me. I will admit after Full House ended I was sadden because that would be the end of something great of an unusual family but a nice one. When the characters of Dawson's Creek graduated from High school and so did, I felt that the show was not going anywhere and so I stopped watching.

Fantasy and reality are two different things. While reality is that fantasy is a whole lot better if you are down in the dumps. Movies are great for feeling good and fantasy but reality is real and there is nothing to change that fact.

Horoscope: No sense in fussing over who gets what. There are enough resources to go around.
Mood: Tired.
Reading:
Watching: Family Matters
Listening to:
Thinking about: J-O-B-S.